Half Roof

blue

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Roy P

My car is a GBS Zero GT and I received my half hood last Friday, easy to fit, but two week delivery went to five and a half weeks, soft bits have the pattern for this hood

Guest peter2b2002

years ago i made some surries and 1/2 doors for other 2b's on this site for a lot less that £230 the fit may have not been as good as the £230 ones but mines been on my 2b for 8 years now still looks ok and still keeps the rain out

peter2b

Guest AndyJW

Im interested in how "whiz" has his hood mounted to the window frame. Im going about making my own and don't want the poppers on the front. Any advice welcome

Guest Ian & Carole

Im interested in how "whiz" has his hood mounted to the window frame. Im going about making my own and don't want the poppers on the front. Any advice welcome

IIRC it is the old "Caravan awning rail" bonded to the screen surround top and a length of co-axe cable stitched into the front edge of you roof.

The rolled edge of roof slides into the rail 99% wind and rain proof.

Hi Andy

I used a fiamma awning rail pop riveted to the top off the windscreen. then got a caravan awning strip single sided though not like the link I have pasted sewn into the surrey top which then slides along the groove.

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/double-edge-kador-strip.html

http://www.leisureoutlet.com/caravans-and-motorhomes/Awning-Adaptors/Fiamma-3m-Awning-Adapter-Bracket-Rail.html?gclid=CN667rCp_rwCFaoewwodtpwA6g

Andy

Guest AndyJW

That's looks a nice neat idea, thank you for the info. With the awning bracket do they sell smaller lengths or did you have to get 3m?

Thanks again

Andy

only in 3m lengths there is only one supplier that will sell it on its own with out the awning I can't remember the supplier i got mine from it was down south somewhere. carefully use a heat gun to help curve it round the screen.

andy

This is the link to the awning rail I was thinking of fitting:- http://www.becingold...ium Awning Rail

I used this one on my S7 not a great fit due to the channel not being wide enough to get fixings through it I had to drill a wider hole on the top part of the channel to get self tappers in also the the smaller holes that sit on the windscreen top had to be countersunk so as the hood didn't catch them on fitting.

Andy