Which Test Centre Again

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Sorry to post again but no one seemed to know anything about the Edmonton test centre. Is it anygood? Has anyone been there?

GBS are saying that Gillingham is not kit car friendly due to Richard's experience and that Caterhams are now type rated so don't need an IVA anymore if factory built.

What now?

Cheers

Spencer

People have passed there apparently:

http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=32004

If a well prepared car the complies with the manual is presented to them then they'll have to pass it. The old issues will probably be the grey areas that have been discussed previously - most of which can be addressed before the test.

I think Richards problem was due to emissions - a known area of concern!

Here's the link to his post: http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=36719

I'm sure Richard will be on to give his views

There have been cars passing at Gillingham very recently, as Richy mentioned

Edited by Al Milton

Guest Spencer Griffiths

To be fair that was my interpretation of what Simon said, not his exact words. He implied that they are pretty strict with emissions and maybe not so good at allowing fixes on the fly, but also said as stated above if it complies they will have to pass it. The place to go seems to be Nottingham who are more friendly and know the Zero cars, Simon also said that it is all open to interpretation on the day by the individual examiner, for example Nottingham know that the windscreen is going to be fitted after the test but are not worried and stamp on the certificate " No windscreen present for test" some other centres may fail it.

I can only comment of Norwich

They are are fair but the rules are the rules regarding emmisions

They do however let you fiddle while they have a tea break or complete some paperwork

There is 5 hours allowed for the test so they think as you've paid for it you can use some of the time

We have had horn failure, went to a car parts place close, bought cheap horn and fitted car passed

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Richard was it mainly the emissions that were the problem? I have a 1974 2.0 Pinto that only needs the worst emission test, it is going to the MOT garage at the end of my road to be tested on the MOT equipment, so hopefully emissions will be okay. They are also going to aligned the headlights and check the brakes on the rollers. What else did Gillingham fail you on?

Cheers Spencer