Gbs Pedal Box Assembly

Guest Dave Skirrow

• 1 year later...
Guest Dave Skirrow

Sorry to bump this old thread but work on the car stopped for a while before I complete this. I've finally come back to it and I'm still having trouble with the clutch cable.

I went for the capri cable. This doesn't secure to the bellhouse in anyway other than the tension in the line, and the other end is also held in with tension. This is fine in theory until your foot slips off the clutch and the pedal bounces up further than it's normal travel. When this happens, the cable goes slack and it pops out at one or both ends.

Only solution I can think of is to weld some sort of pedal stop to prevent the clutch going up beyond a certain point. Is this the way to do it or am I missing something?

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers Richard! Pretty sure that would work fine for the bellhousing end (which is my main concern).

Still not sure about the other end - seems yours and a few other peoples just stay in place. Not sure why mine doesn't feel right.

Guest Dave Skirrow

Cheers tractor, how did you make the stop? I made an adjustable one from a bolt for the accelerator but cant see any particularly good places to position one for the clutch