Iva Pass - Robin Hood 2B/4

Guest petelee

Guest petelee

Hi Guys

I drove my Robin Hood 2B/4 to Nottingham VOSA (55 miles) yesterday, for its IVA Test. Broke down on the way (in-line fuel filter was clogged-up!). Arrived 9 minutes late - I was panicking, but the examiner was brilliant. He was very helpful, and pointed-out a few minor problems. I managed to sort all the problems, and was awarded my IAC. I couldn't believe it, as I've heard so many bad stories about the IVA Test, and was expecting a failure. Thankfully, over the nine and a half years since I bought the kit, I have gleaned a lot of advice from kit car magazines, kit car shows and kit car forums (not just RHOCaR).

On the way back home, I broke down three times - every time a clogged-up fuel filter! So now I need to clean out the fuel tank, if that's possible! I think some rubber tubing has disintegrated and got mixed-up with the petrol.

The registration process seems a bit ambiguous! I've read that people have completed form V55/5, but my understanding from the VOSA website is that it should be form V55/4 for a kit car. Also, some people say to put the "Current Registration Number" on the form V627/1 as the donor vehicle's reg number, Make: Ford, Model: Sierra, etc etc. Is that right?

Time will tell....

Pete

Guest chris brown

Well done Pete great result. You didn't use silicon sealer anywhere on the tank? If so remove any that hasn't already rotted and dropped into the tank, best of luck getting the tank clean.

Guest petelee

Hi

I don't know what make it is, but it's a

UNIVERSAL 8MM 5/16 INLINE CHROME & GLASS FUEL PETROL FILTER

from eBay seller tompomone.

It's getting clogged-up with little black bits, which I assume is some rubber pipe, which I originally attached to the end of the copper pipe, to reach the bottom of the tank.

Well done Peter on the first time pass.

Re the fuel are the fuel lines all marked as fuel hose injection is best and will still not last foe ever as all rubber will age, also as Chris check if any silicone used and remove it.

Sounds like a hose braking down. Replace with new and should be fixed.

Result

Stephen

• 4 weeks later...
Guest petelee

Hi Guys.

Still waiting for DVLA to send registration details. I wish I had ordered the V55/5 form at least two weeks BEFORE taking the car for its IVA Test, because it took them two weeks to send it to me.

Just read David Murray's post - OMG he waited 40 days for his registration details - I've only been waiting 14 days, and my insurance company ADRIAN FLUX want to cancel my insurance unless I give them a registration number by next Tuesday 3rd June! I've already had it extended from 26th May!

FRUSTRATING!

Pete

Yes, I found that insurance companies are too quick asking you for the registration number and

don't consider the fact that DVLA is slower than treacle.

Also, fuel hoses made of rubber are only rated for fuel ON THE INSIDE which is specially lined. The outer part will still

be affected by fuel rotting the rubber.

And as said above, silicon sealer is a no-no.

Simon.

Guest petelee

Hi Guys

Yippee! My tax disc and registration number arrived from DVLA today! I rang them last Friday, after 10 working days had passed since they received my application, and they were REALLY helpful, and progressed my application. They promised to ring me back within 2 working days. (Adrian Flux, in the meantime, sent me a cancellation letter, giving me until Friday 6th to get my registration number). Donna from DVLA rang me Tuesday lunch-time to say that my application was "spot on", and that she would request my tax disc, and would send it out with my registration details by Friday 6th. The same afternoon, Donna from DVLA rang to say that she'd got my tax disc, and was posting it Wednesday morning, 1st class! It arrived today, Thursday! Just got to get my number plates made up now!

So, something POSITIVE to say about DVLA for once!

Pete

Good news.

Make sure that Adrian Flux DON'T cancel your insurance as I was advised when I had this problem that if THEY cancelled the insurance, it would affect ALL your future car insurance premiums.

I had to cancel my first insurance because of this hassle and take it out with another insurer when I got the DVLA details through. I then had a bit of a battle getting a refund from the insurers because THEY were, in my opinion, being unreasonable in not waiting long enough for the DVLA to send through the Reg number.

So, if you have got it in time, get that through to Adrian Flux ASAP or you may have bigger problems renewing your other insurances.

Simon.

And if I were in your place, I would also complain about their unreasonable haste in trying to get a reg number when they KNOW that the DVLA can be really slow in this matter. The more these insurance companies are informed about this problem area, the better I think.

Simon.

Guest petelee

I rang Adrian Flux straight away, as soon as the DVLA letter arrived on Thursday - they took details of the registration number, and said they'd send a new certificate. Usually, they send stuff to me by email, but it hasn't arrived yet. I tried to ring them yesterday - waited in the menu system for 16 minutes, then gave up, and sent an email instead!

Adrian Flux are going down in my estimation - and yet they advertise in every kit car mag, classic car mag, on TV car shows, etc.

Pete