Wiring Loom Diagrams

Guest Kamran

Guest Kamran

Thanks will check relay wiring and update you in the afternoon, I do have leds at rear but had them working perfectly a few months ago, all lights were good but i fitted a rad fan and disconnected one +ve feed (forgot which one) and ive had problems since. At first beams came on some times and not others then indicators/hazards were staying on constant once switched on, so after many many hours of trying to find the fault. So i decided to disconnect every wire and start again, Thinking i had the diagrams at home. I've looked everywhere with no luck. Thanks again for your help

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamran

Hi can anyone help please have been trying allday again. I now have indicators/ hazards working but on constant, will be getting a new relay. No sidelights, there is no power at fuse but the fuse is good. Dip beam works on stalk. Main beam only works on flash but not working when stalk pushed forward. I have a link wire on both stalks 56. Earth on 15-31, the 2 relays have switched +ve for original earths. So any ideas thanks

If we are defiantly working on a post VG loom from Robin Hood, you can NOT switch earth, unless you rewire the relay plate, which is not necessary as the loom will work without mods, if wired correctly.

Pin 31 should be live, on a Sierra, it is earth, forget the sierra wiring.

Side light feed to fuse board, from switch, is through a red wire connected to pin 58 of the light switch block, Ford have this as grey. the feed for the light switch is through pin 30 of the same block, Ford use a red wire. This should give you side lights.

Head lights require a live to pin 31 of the right stalk. At the head light position this should connect to pin 56 of the light switch Ford wire colour brown/black which should link to the headlight switch on the left stalk pin 56 same Ford colour.

With the switch in the dip position the live on 56 is passed to pin 56b of the headlight switch block, Ford brown/white which goes to the loom orange wire to operate the dip relay.

With the switch in the main position the live on 56 is passed to pin 56a of the headlight switch block, Ford brown/yellow which goes to the white/orange wire to operate the main beam relay.

Flash is a feed to pin 15 of the headlight switch, Ford colour brown, which is connected to pin 56a when the switch is in Flash position.

I will have to come back on the indicators, my grandson is trying to assist with my typing

Guest Kamran

Hi thank you very much Knights temlar just did as you said, put relays back as normal and put lives to 31 and 15 and light are working. Sidelights won't work on 58 ford grey wire but working on 53 green ford colour on wiper stalk 1st setting. Also main beam (stalk pushed forward) does not come on when ignition is off, is this normal. When full lights are on and stalk pushed forward it turns off dip light and puts on beam (brighter one of the two) is this normal because when you pull the flash both come on. Thanks again!!!

that’s a puzzle, checked haynes manual, 58 is shown as S, which is grey, 53 is shown as green, but is on the wiper switch, not the light switch, that wire would normally go the wiper motor.

I can see you have lives to pin 31 and 15, but you must also have a live to pin 30, there are two pins marked as 30 on the switches, you need live to both. that will give you an output from 58, grey when the side lights are switched on.

you must consider the switch gear as five different systems, all needing their own live feed,

side lights, pin 30

headlights, pin 31

headlight flash, pin 15

hazards, pin 30

wipers, pin 54

what comes on with ignition, or without ignition, is decided by which colour you get your live feed from. White of the car loom, is ignition feed, brown of the car loom, is a constant live.

the head light operation is correct

Guest Kamran

Hi, thanks for your replies i will check 30 pins on both stalks as i am sure i have a switched live on 30 and a constant live on h30 but will make sure and update you, thanks

Also the sidelights will not work at all when connected to the grey wire so i put it to the green and sidelights worked, but on wiper stalk.

Edited by Kamran

• 2 months later...
Guest Kamran

Hi, just got a new stalk, but it's different to my original stalk which was off an sierra estate and had 2 flyleads on top (31), this only has one flylead and no rear wiper function. I've connected the rear connectors and flylead, as previous wiring was working only problem i had was no power to side lights. I now have sidelights and flasher beam but no main light or constant beam when stalk is pushed forward.

Edited by Kamran