Undersealing Dealer Info

maccavvy

Im after someone who can professionally underseal a car. im thinking a classic car place would be the best bet

if anyone knows of anything within say 40 miles of Barnsley south Yorkshire id rather give the money to someone that's recommended or a friends business .

please pass on details to me , thanks in advance

Guest mower man

May have something for you but need to get hold ofa freind to confim they do it just out side Bawtry do some stunning oldie rebuilds inc a STANLEY steamer ,might take a day or two to catch him mick :crazy:

A few years ago I worked closely with Dinol at an OEM who were looking at rust prevention treatments. As part of this work (and also my current work), I'm involved in corrosion testing and the teardown of test vehicles which can be enlightening to say the least.

I've been very impressed with the quality and performance of the Dinol products and it appears that they have a number of treatment centres located nationally:

http://www.dinitrol....entCentres.aspx

It might be worth giving one of them a ring.

Assuming that you're looking for corrosion protection, the cavity waxes offer better protection than traditional underseals and have a "self healing" capability which means that unlike underseal, they recover from stonechips and similar damage. In essence these products are similar to Waxoyl but with far superior performance.

Edited by richyb66

From what I remember, the sytem we used just has annual visual inspections rather than a re-treatment after a set period. Generally modern cars offer far better corrosion protection due to the useof zinc coated panels and improvements in electrophoretic coating prior to paint.

However, effective E coat coverage cannot always be guaranteed due to air pockets and the thickness between adjacent panels in places like the pillars and sills. In these instances. additional cavity waxes can be useful.

The biggest corrosion risk on a modern car will always be poorly repaired accident damage.

• Like 1