Rear Steer

Snapperpaul

I'm feeling a little rear steer and also note car will yaw on off throttle

Have checked mountings but now suspect it may be bushes on the A arms

But having never experienced this before I have no reference point

To add wheel nuts are tight, hub nuts look ok.

Ideas?

Toe of the rear wheels changes with suspension movement. The more negative camber there is the more it changes. This leads to a sort of bump steer from the rear, worse when one up because one side changes more than the other. You can reduce this phenomenon with camber wedges.

To get significant steer with on/of throttle does suggest something is loose. I would check all the cross tube bolts, arm mounting bolts, suspension arm to hub and wheel studs/nuts. Maybe even wheel bearings. If all are tight then replace bushes.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

One place to have a look at on the old Mono's is the Sierra subframe mounts the large rubbers where it attaches to the body. They benefit from from a brace from the bottom back to the body to hold the bolt vertical, the bolt through the rubber can pivot where it passes through the floor without it. On my series one S7 the camber wedges where a must, better would be the ones that can correct the toe as well if you have too much toe in.

Good point, camber wedges on order

I do have the plans for the plates and probable the original Sierra ones somewhere

I will still check all bolts and mounts at the same time

I just had to change the front lower arm on the other halfs peugeot, the bushes were completely shot. If you accelerated hard the back would kick badly!? Ain't no mechanic so don't know the theory behind why the back felt bad when it was the front suspension that had the problem!? Maybe something to look at though