Aa Is The New "whie-Van Man"

bullfist

Just venting my anger after last week got tailgated by one driver LG60CMK into Castleton (Derbyshire) who then gave me an almight blast on the horn as I slowed for my destination.

Gone are the days when the AA would respect other drivers.

Scummy cowboys.

-steve

After my experience with the aa I wouldnt touch them with a 10 ft poo covered stick. Crashed my bike late at night on a remote rd in the freezing cold and fog. Rang them as the bike had snapped it's clutch lever so was Unride able, they demanded £150 over the phone to come out (call out max times in a year reached Un known to me at the time) injured freezing cold I had no choice. 2.5hrs later a contractor turns up in a 7.5 ton lorry and attempted to drag the bike up the ramp on its side even thou it was on its wheels and fully movable. The bloke was old and feeble so with an injured shoulder I had to help get the bike on the lorry, it hurt like hell! By the time he turned up i was frozen (-3) and in pain. It got worse eventually got in the truck and it stank of cigs and was full of pet hair which set my asthma off. Complained vigorously to the aa the following day and got no where. So as you might have guessed I don't think much of them. And that was 12yrs ago.

one the flip side, The guy who came to recover the libra couldn't do enough to help, we only had basic bank account cover , call centre wanted another £153 to upgrade! told them to shove it, and was ready to use an autoaid account of a "friend" to recover, when the aa turned up (told them he couldn't come before 4 when show ground opened for traffic movement) but he was on his way anyhow, I didn't hold out any hope of them getting there, but dead on 4, guy called asking where I was, I went to meet him telling him it was knackered and would need tow, he said no worries ill take you, explained about the bank account cover, his reply , what they don't know wont wont botherthem,

so we get to car , he had a quick go to get it going, no joy, and thought the tow hitch they use may not fit but he wanted to try anyhow, he asked if I had a friend about with full cover,? quick glance at there card (he became my" passenger",)

15 mins later frantic call to all the guys and gals in club to help get caravan packed , and we were away on the back of his van,

he was the most helpful guy , he couldn't help enough,

Now have a full cover account, as the bank one is Useless, but not with AA, just because of cost, auto aid £38 aa £100

Mitch