Springs

Guest Nik

Hi all, I am after some springs for my new gaz coilovers. They are 13 inch open 9 inch closed 2.25 inch diameter looking for somewhere around 250 lb. I know they are not to expensive but thought I'd try you guys first. Cheers

Hey what car are you putting them on? as 250lbs seems a bit light for a 2b. I'm running 325lb springs on the front and i know others have 350lb all round.

the green springs that came on the zimmeride suspension units were 320lb.

Guest Ian & Carole

When I fitted the wishbones to mine I had to go to 350 lb, any thing lighter and they went coil bound when trying to get the correct ride height.

cargrampy015.jpg

300 lb springs

DSC01149.jpg

350 lb

2.25" on Gaz shocks, is this the inside diameter Gaz are normally 1.9" ID. I say this because I have a pair of unused 250lb, 8" long, 1.9" ID springs which came off a set of Gaz dampers I brought for my 2B. The dampers I brought where Caterham set that where on special offer and i changed the springs to 350lb 9" long which I had already fitted to the Zimmers as the zimmer springs had failed after 1000 miles. If my 250lb springs are the one you need drop me a PM.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's a 2b pinto and it is the front. Will have to double check the size didnt realise it was inside diameter I measured the outer edge of the top platform. Also didnt realise they would need to be so heavy. Will try damper tech. At present it has the original zimmers with black spring and is far too soft. Thanks again.