Out With The Pinto In With The C20Xe Problems ? 2B

Guest windscreen man

Guest windscreen man

hi hopfully some of you experienced bunch can help , i am removing the pinto and putting a c20xe in my 2b, i have the bell housing, clutch fork , nodiz ecu, r1 carbs and manifold ext, i was wondering what is the score with the pedal box and servo do i have to change them ? and what do i do with the strenghening bar under the engine bay ? also is there any other problems that i will bump in to ? thanx lew

I kept the pedal box for the clutch & throttle, but fitted a floor mounted brake pedal, tandem M/C & ditched the servo.

I had the sliding pillar chassis & just cut out the plough.....no distortion partly due to the big X in the front chassis in front of the rad.

I also had to move the engine & box forward to clear the chassis rail, & then needed to lengthen the propshaft.

Measure where the crankshaft bolt is with the pinto & make sure the XE bolt is in the same place.

I also had to "relieve" the drivers side of the tunnel for the starter motor......I used a 2lb club "reliever"

You can shut & cut the standard exhaust by reversing the 2 pipes .

Ill take a pic of mine later.

Edited by Bob Tucker

I did this switch last year, My solutions to your questions are....

I was wondering what is the score with the pedal box and servo do i have to change them ?

I did dumped the servo and sierra pedal box, replaced with GBS pedal box, used a Ford Ka master cylinder, not using a servo.

and what do i do with the strengthening bar under the engine bay

I cut and shut it basically to protect the oil filter and sump I will have a skid plate attached soon; after I saw the filter from a friends car after grounding out. I cut the u bend off, extended the side tubes and put a cross tube to join them back together in front of the oil filter

also is there any other problems that i will bump in to ?

There will be some but there are a few of us that have done the switch so just ask.

Edited by Derek

i have a z20let fitted, which is different to the c20xe, however i think the bottom ends are very similar.

i have a yukspeed sump fitted which meant i didnt have to alter the plough, i have about an inch iclearance between the top of the plough and the bottom of the sump, quality of the sump isnt brilliant, but the price reflects this.

i tried to make the sierra pedal box work but decided to bin it and go for a floor mounted obp pedal box, certainly looks neat but untested yet.

Guest windscreen man

Ok thanx sooo much for the advice if any one has any advice for me dont hesitate to comment,. I also have the yukspeed sump . With out me being a pain does any of you boys know what kind of power I will be running at the wheels and fly wheel roughly with the c20xe on r1 carbs and a nodiz ecu ?