Van Wont Start

tractor

the van is giving me trouble again its 54 plate vivaro over the last few weeks I have had trouble starting it it would turn over but not start so I tried the spare key and it started so using the spare key for about two weeks and it happend again so I tried my original key and it started another couple of weeks go by and it wont start at all now I have checked that there is fuel at fuel rail but there is a faint buzzing noise coming from solenoid on fuel pump hadn't noticed it before so don't now if this is normal my fist thought when it first happened was it was the key not connecting with the imobiliser but then the key would work the next time so it must be something else has any one got any thoughts its baffling me I have tried an obd reader and no faults are showing

The solenoid regulates the fuel pressure - some buzzing is normal but it could still be faulty (and they aren't cheap)

Is there an immobiliser light on the dash, if it's a problem with the chip in the key, the light will stay on while you're trying to start the engine.

Very unlikely you can bypass the immobiliser but I'd have thought that higher or lower than normal fuel pressure would trigger a fault code of some sort.

No signs of water ingress into any of the connectors is there, Vivaros have issues with the wiring getting flooded out with water from the plenum?? - can't remember exactly where it was from but it's a common fault.

hi rich yes I now about the water issue and there are no problems there I think its going to be more on the immobiliser side of things and apparently the obd reader dosent communicate fully with the ecu so I may need to get some one in with the proper software to isolate the problem £££££££££££££££££££££££££££

1. thanks for the input guys the immobiliser bypass looks good rich but I only read your post after ordering an ecu and bits off ebay blueosis1 I will check injector wiring tomorrow when I rebuilt engine last year I noticed the wires were wearing through so I re insulated them but worth checking again