Le Mans2015

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

Changed my camping site, as i'm in my z3 this year, parking by the track is quite expensive so im camping at beausejour i know it's a bit of a treck but i need the exersize+ i left it a bit late for anynother site, any one else going this year? If in what

Peter2b

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AndyJW

I'm going in the Zero. Tunnel crossing on the Thursday am them straight down to Le Mans, camping in Bleu Nord. Bright orange GBS Zero and a blue with yellow striped Exige. Come and say hello if anyone is that way!! Heading back Monday morning.

Leaving from Bedfordshire and meeting the others at Thurrock services, I think our train is 7.30am

Guest 2b cruising

I'm not a boy racer any more :angel: i always stick to speed limits :diablo:

peter2b

Oh yeh. Just what kind of fun do you have in your car then?

I've always found cirtain activities a bit a bit awkward in my 2b.

I suppose my age doesn't help. Many years ago I used to enjoy my mini.

Guest peter2b2002

hi Andy I'm going over on Wednesday via tunnel straight to the camp site I know the camp site your at so I will pm my number and catch up over there I will be in a silver z3 Y###jhb I'm also comming back on the Monday, convoy?

peter2b

Edited by peter2b2002

Gents, just to remind you that the Dartford Crossing is free between 22.00 (10pm) & 06.00 (6am).

If you pre-pay any Dartford fees, it'll cost £1.67 each way.

If you don't pre-pay, the cost will be £2.50 each way, but you have until midnight the following day in which to pay.

If you don't pay by then, they'll chase you for a £60 fine!!

Also, speed cameras on the M25 all over the place (what's new), & averege cameras on the Crossing approach - speed 50mph!

Guest peter2b2002

Just got my camp pass plus entry ticket also got my new visa card replacement and a new log book for my z3, posty been buisy today

Peter2b

• 11 months later...
Guest peter2b2002

up date any one else going this year? a chap who I know is coming with me this year in his estate taking my gear with him, I will be in my Z3 as last year camping in blue nord taking the ferry on Tuesday pm , I'm also going to the classic in july tunnel this time also camping in blue nord

peter2b

• 4 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

got to arrras staying in a B&B inn very basic but ok, had a bit of trouble finding it as the Web site had giver us the wrong hotel details took nearly an hour to find the wrong place then another 20 mins to get to the right one only to find you had to call a Paris number to get the pass key codes, then finding some where to eat at 11pm lucky the Chinese were open, weather was crap coming down through England but nice so far in France just a 5 hr drive to our camping site Blue Nord then chill out

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

here I am again back in the UK, just sitting in the pub next to my premier inn near Whitstable, I will post some photos when I get home, ,the mate I was going with had a big problem, I took my camping gear over to him on Monday afternoon but he wasn't there 1/2 hr later I heard him doing kangarooin up the road, he had taken his car in to a garage the week before to have a new clutch fitted as the old one was he though starting to slip a bit, long story cut short the clutch peddle went down to the floor but not up this was the night before we were setting up so I said he could use my freelander to take the gear down, the offer was grabbed with both hands,soafter dropping me home I loaded up the rest of my gear I to my z3, the trip over to Arras was hi lighted by 1 car that had rolled up the embankment on the m40 1 mile later a small transit van had lost it front end up go the windscreen it had been raining heavy, when we got to Arras found the hotel after an hour only to be told it was the wrong one trip adviser had given me the details when I booked the room but sent different address to my mate in the confirmation email, finally sorted we crashed out, next day through Rouen still heavy rain , I led as I had sat nav I didn't see it but my mate was in the mid if 3 lanes 2 cars in front of him a gap appeared 1 car from each out side lane dived into it without seeing each other le crunch police car came out of no where and held up the traffic for 1/2hr got to blue nord with out any more suprises, racing was good slow start with the safty cars out due to rain then full bore, felt sorry for the Toyota in the lead just 1 more lap to go when just as he got over the start/Finnish line for the penultimate time he just stopped must have taken 3 mins before he got it going again but I think he was disqualified , as the radio le mans chap said porche didn't win Toyota lost, another one ticked off

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

on another point that might stop thieves over there, this morning about 4am I heard F off you thieving scum bag in scouse then 5 mins later there was some more shouting in drunken scouse further up the line of tents, Mark who I had gone with told me the tail, he had gone up there to see what was happening he found the thief had been stripped of the clothing he had stolen tye wrapped and gaffer taped to a camping chair one of his captors had taken off the cap on a fuel can and had doused him in petrol and was in the process of picking the wimpering thiefup to take him over towards thier bomfire ,when mark interviend then the police arrived, funny thing they didn't mention the smell of petrol

peter2b