O M G !

tractor

The woes of the Sierra wiring loom, never again the next kit car I build I will buy a purpose built loom. The fun started when I was removing the loom from the interior to the fuse box in the engine. I carefully marked every cable one by one, then asked my son to pull slowly and carefully......with one swift pull the loom left the car, son fell on his back and most of the labels were sitting in the drivers foot well.

I wasted far too much time cutting the stuff out that I did not need and extending other parts.

Before

post-4145-0-82909900-1426282296_thumb.jpg

Just after

post-4145-0-82786200-1426282315_thumb.jpg

Sorting the chaos

post-4145-0-36814900-1426282347_thumb.jpg

So long as the insulation is in good condition there's nothing wrong with reusing the original wire in a new custom loom.

I used one of these fuseboxes with the compatible relay box and replicated the circuits as per the Haynes wiring diagrams, enough fuses to put everything on sperate circuits and relays for main beam, dipped beam, fuel pumps and horn.

I did add one more relay for the ignition circuit to be on the safe side.

Do as Steve suggests -- plus a big help is self-adhesive mini-trunk -- stick to chassis were main runs required & just pop the lid off to run another wire -- keeps it all in place as you go. A few cable ties around chassis/base/lid when done & it will remain secure.