Superspec Upper Balljoint

Guest stevenkirk

Guest stevenkirk

Was doing a pre MOT inspection before taxing it and found the rubber on the o/s top ball joint has perished.

Does anyone know what the ball joints are off - I assume it is a Sierra. Has any one got a part number for them ?

Also the front wings have spider cracking on them - the original builder just bolted them onto the support without putting a buffer in between them to dampen the vibration. assume piece of radiator hose would suffice?

Don't quote me. but I have a dim memory of asking Richard Stewart that question and he said a Ford Transit ? Would that make sense ?

Funnily enough I mounted a replacement wing on some rubber blocks and the MOT chap complained it wobbled, so I has to revert back to mounting them direct to the supports :)

Guest 2b cruising

1. Ball joints. If the ball joint is still good, remove the old rubber. Replace grease with new

, then replace old rubber with new.

They are available from many outlets on the old ebay. Small, medium and large.

Track rod ens need small. Swivel joints need medium.

This way there is no need to loosen the ball joints so no need for costly full geometry adjustment after new rubbers fitted.

HTH. Ken