Engine Definitely Knackered.

speedtripledan

With steamers help tonight we Took the head off, all seemed well apart from marks in the pistons where the inlet valves struck. I was thinking spare head on and away we go. Unfortunately not i was looking at the pistons and noticed that no.2 was a little higher than no 3 pushed it and it dropped :( so we took the engine out. Tomorrow i will put the engine on a stand and strip the piston out and see whats happened. if all goes to plan i will grab a 2nd hand engine with a duff crank and use its pistons to rebuild my engine. Will update as i go

Edited by DanE

Guest 2b cruising

Dan you deserve better than this. Without seeing further than you have got, I would think the piston crown has broken away.

I hope all goes well from now on.

Regards and the best of luck, Ken.

Euros didnt have them in stock and were a bit pricey ordered from micks Garage .com as they were cheaper but no guarantee they would be here for friday. Then thought of this little motorfactors in leicester scruffy shop piled high with stuff she went out back and came back with full head set and bolts for £55. cheaper than eurocarparts and micks garage

Edited by DanE
  • Like 1

The sad thing is that these smaller factors can't compete with the likes of ECP and GSF and many are now closing. Would much rather be served by someone who's worked in the trade and who can offer advice, not just hand over bits and take the money.

Must be a sign of old age!!