Engine Definitely Knackered.

speedtripledan

What a day yesterday turned out to be! Started in garage at 8.00am engine was buukt and in the car by 12. All excited we fired it up only to see smoke and lots if it followed by steam coming put of the exhaust. i felt really disappointed. With steamer, alfa gta and nicko, some serious effort and time had gone into it...after a cuppa and a few taunts from the 2 peugeots laughing at me on the drive i thought stuff it ive come this far so promptly stripped the head off. At this point i nipped out and bought some sparkplugs as one had broke when we built the engine. By 630pm i was ready to hit the red button. She reluctantly spluttered into life with taps and rattles the oil was the colour of milk. due to the warped head so i drained it and filled it with cheap oil to clean the engine out. Restarted and after a min Or two it calmed down, had it idling for an hr until all the moisture had burnt away then drained the oil again. With all seemingly good. Will finish it today with a bit more help from roboross and onslow.

I love this club when the chips are down it pulls together.

Edited by DanE
  • Like 3

Guest Ian & Carole

Well done you.

It's times like this I wish I was a little closer and Carole didn't work weekends, although my thoughts have been with you every step of the way, again well done you,

Glad you sorted it. I would have been over too but I have been gaining valuable experience with Peugeot lower suspension arm and drive shaft fitting. Its been in and out more times than a fiddlers elbow today.

Guest 2b cruising

Enthusiasm even over enthusiasm can not be beaten. Very well done. You and your fellow enthusiasts, deserve your just rewards.

What a brilliant outcome.

Best regards Ken.