Pinto Plumbing Options

Snapperpaul

The engine that let me down is coming out

The refreshed 2.1 is now next to the kit.

The refreshed engine was built with a new thermostat housing that does not have the 8mm pipe just the main 32mm to the rad

I'm fitting a header tank that has a 16mm bottom connector and a 13mm side connector about 2/3rds up the side. Radiator is a large twin row one with a radiator cap and the overflow/header feed.

New header tank has overflow on the cap neck

What is the best plumbing option

I could replace the thermostat housing with the one from the old engine with the 8mm pipe

I have a lot of silicon hoses and size adapters

I have a 32 x 32 x 16 take off for the bottom hose

16mm bottom connection from header tank down to a connection on the bottom hose pipe work to fill system. Highest point air bleeds to the 13 mm connection. Header tank overflow connection to an expansion tank. Take radiator cap off and fit it on the header tank. Put a valveless cap in its place on the radiator. Take the radiator overflow also to the 13mm connection on the header tank to act as its air bleed.

Rob

• Like 1

Glad it helps. The chap at the radiator manufacturer told me how to do it.

I used a cycle aluminium drinks bottle and modified the drinks nozzle to take a tube down to the bottom of the bottle to make an expansion tank. Drilled a hole in the top to allow it to breath. They do them in real pretty colours!

I have an ally Budwiser bottle as an expansion tank but it's low and fed of the radiator that does not have an expansion tank

This I think is part of the reason why the temp went skywards and the water left

The new system plumbed as shown with a header tank should cure this

I will of course over complicate the whole process by fitting the new engine.

I have a lambda guage etc to fit then money for geo and rolling road