More Windscreen Questions

colinmoore

Guest mower man

There is too much fannying about on this subject some common sense[?] is badly neededif as in some cases it is new build there are multiple routes 1 fork out a lot of money for anew screen made to patterrn 2 delete all wiper /washer components ,grommet holes and either fit an aero screen or no screen get it through theIVA and do the cheaper opotions afterwards . 3 get amarked landrover screen cut to pattern ,it can be done .If the car does not require IVA simply take the frame or the old tempered screen to a local gass merchant and have him cut apiece of 6mm laminated to do the job or use option 3 above my last cut to pattern cost me £ 40 job done and i had an extra 1 inch of hieght from std mick :crazy:

Agreed, it's easier if you're already IVA'd. I'm not, though, and really don't want to build this car, IVA it, then have to start taking bits of it apart and drilling holes to retro-fit all the stuff afterwards. I would honestly rather spend a few more quid on a screen with the correct markings now, up front, and just fit it once and be done with it. Far less fannying about in my mind!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also bit the bullett and changed the screen, silly not to on 2 counts, would fail the IVA and I didn't want glass in my face.

Via a recomendation on RHOCAR I contacted Karl Copping, brilliant service.

I posted him a template of the screen and within a week had back a Pilkington screen correctly marked and all for a total price of £115 including postage, and very well packaged up too.

Can't praise him enough

Well pleased and another potential fail ticked off.

shxeconomywindscreens@fsmail.net

• Like 2