Dash Instruments

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I found this website in the states that sells some really nice dash clocks, I am really tempted to go for this one

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=884/category_id=69/mode=prod/prd884.htm

I was just wondering if any one knew of a website or company in the uk that sells anything similar ? All I can find are smiths gauges or etb gauges which I am not keen on

Guest 2b cruising

I still think they look very nice.

However, at that price, they can stay where they are, and keep looking very nice.

That way more people can enjoy the beauty of them. Cheep that way too.

Guest mcramsay

A set of smiths flight gauges are 600+ so they are not that much dearer than the uk equivalent. I know you can do it cheaper, but I've spent so much on the car already I think it would be a shame not to spend money on the bit you actually look at when you are sat in the car, plus it's different, and my car is one of a kind at the moment, and I would like to keep it that way. But yes at the end of the day they are expensive. I am just fed up of seeing pretty much every kit car with smith or etb gauges... The only other alternative is a digi dash.. Like koso or acewell.. And etb but again it's been done before and I don't think it would fit with the look of my car

Guest mcramsay

And that wasn't s dig at any one that has or is using those style of gauges!! It's just something I would like to keep clear of out of personal preference

Guest 2b cruising

$974.90 if you have dimmer and gear selector.

Plus post and import taxes.

Probably end up with bill for $1300/1400 in the end.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest mcramsay

Made contact with dakota digital over in the states! 3 month waiting list plus shipping time. Maybe I will have to take back my rant on gauges and eat my hat! 3 months is too long

Have you seen the set that CBS sell? I wanted some for the wife's spartan which were not too expensive. They worked out slightly more expensive than the etb ones as a set but you got two extra instruments. They are more of a retro style than modern so may not suit your need but they are not that different from the smiths style. Caerbont industries do several different styles, I like the ones with yellow faces

Guest 2b cruising

Nothing whatsoever against with the people that can afford such things.

It's there money to spend as they choose.

I would buy lots of different things if I could afford but still happy with my life as is.

Edited by 2b cruising