Air Box

jaimo

has anyone mad there own phlenum for air intake top of weber 32/36 i know you can buy them but at £70 bit too pricey or should i jut fit bonnet scoop need to get cool air to filter as top of filter touching bonnet any ideas

It's just I suffering major with no air to filter running very hot as filter touching underside of bonnet so need to get some cool air in as very warm performance drops major and over heats got some side vents coming to get hot air out so just need to sort cool air in to filter

If the air filter is touching the bonnet then perhaps an air scoop above it could be the most effective solution. You should be able to direct the air right where you need it. Nothing turns out to be easy, but keep smiling mate.

How about a remote air filter fitted in front of the radiator in the nosecone with the air ducted via flexible trunking to the carb?

Would obviously need a bespoke air box on top of the carb to connect to the ducting.

Avoids cutting a hole in your bonnet.

Just another option

Guest 2b cruising

I have done as Alan suggests. While doing it I removed everything else from the nose cone, horns etc,

This gave a clear path for the air to the radiator.

I also made a scoop under the car fitted to the second cross member which is angled at the correct amount to facilitate this.

After trying all other remedies to stop my overheating, this was so successful I have never got my engine above 85' since. Even when really hammering it.

Guest 2b cruising

Mine is a 2ltr DOHC injection with a single air inlet.

I bought the convoluted pipe, stainless tubing and bends from the same outlet.

I'm not home at the mo but will give you the name and address etc when I get in.

I also used a none K&N cone filter. Cheep on from fleabay.

The whole job only cost a few quid and it did solve a seriouse over heating problem I had.

Cars at GBH for accident repairs at the mo so can't send pickies.

HTH Ken.

Guest 2b cruising

Hi Richard. The company I got my stuff from are at autosiliconehosesj.com

I bought everything I needed including all fixings, different end dia hoses and pipes. 90' angle pipes or hoses.

I spent around £40 on the lot and it was the end of my problems.