Anyone Converted 2B Silencer To Repackable

Guest mr D

Hi has anyone converted the 2b silencer mine is now quite noisy and as i am skint at the moment would like to cut into it and try and repack it

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Derek

pic of silencer type enc

post-12480-0-24261100-1437321366_thumb.jpg

I have and sure many others too. I basically cut a letter box size hole in the side of it, would be better underneath so you can't see it. I packed it with accoustafil PTX which is used for motorbike silencers, it expands when hot to fill any voids. To cover the hole I riveted on a piece of stainless plate with a good smear of high temp silicon to seal it.

I did mine after 5 years on the road and it was still full of wadding, I think it was so tightly packed in it didn't work.

When you say " I think it was so tightly packed in it didn't work. " did you mean the original or after you worked on it?

also i am not sure how much to repack it with been looking on Flea-bay item 221523077908 will that be enough/too much?

D

Edited by mr D

Guest chris brown

The original wadding, it was so tight I don't think would have absorbed any sound.

mine was just the opposite could hold the whole lot in the palm of one hand. I used 2 packs from a m/cycle repairers. As others letter box covered by stainless rivited in place.

Thanks Guys, attacked its bum with the angry grinder, was really surprised at the amount of glass fibre stuff that came out, have repacked it with acoustafill just waiting for piece of stainless to cap letterbox also tightened baffle tube as it was starting to rattle and annoy me.

Off to Germany for the "Old Timers grand Prix" in a couple of weeks, so hopefully not quite so deaf in the right lug as before :acute:

Thanks to all

Derek