Stamford Round Table

Guest 2b cruising

Guest petelee

"Update 29/6/15 : All 500 spaces are now taken – you can arrive at the Car Show after 11am BUT registered cars will have priority AND for unregistered car we will operate a ‘one-off, one-on’ policy."

This could be the reason that some applications have been unsuccessful.

Pete

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2b cruising

Yes Pete.

Due to the popularity of this event, I think if we apply sooner for a larger club stand we,could be lucky.

That won't mean we don't have to get our names down early in order to be organised and fill the places quickly.

"Update 29/6/15 : All 500 spaces are now taken – you can arrive at the Car Show after 11am BUT registered cars will have priority AND for unregistered car we will operate a ‘one-off, one-on’ policy."

This could be the reason that some applications have been unsuccessful.

In fact none of our applications for the Show were unsuccesfull so we had applied in plenty of time. What happened was that there were 130 applications for the 'run-out' and there were only 30 slots. But some of our members who were declined for the run misunderstood and thought they had been declined for the whole event.

I should also emphasise that the allocation of a stand was not of our doing, and I don't think you can request it. Becasue 12 of us had put RHOCar on the application form the organisers grouped us together on their own initiative. So all we need to do next year is apply in plenty of time.

As it stands we have 10 cars going. I still haven't heard back from Paul Petch ('the spanner man') and Andy Church (Had to e-mail him as I don't know his forum handle) so I guess we have to assume they are going, which means we have our full quota of 12 cars.

• 2 weeks later...