Lincolnshire Meetings For September

alanrichey

I'm going to stay flexible this month. The Peterborough Car Show is this weekend (5th/6th). I haven't made up my mind whether to go on the Sunday yet, I'll watch the weather. But it comes highly recommended.

The weekend of 12th/13th is the National Meet, but if you are not attending that (I am) then 'HorsePower at the Hall' at Doddington Hall (LN6 4RU) is from 14:00-17:00 on Sunday 13th.

I'll watch the weather for the weekend of 19th/20th and Saturday 26th (I am off on yet another holiday on the 27th, although tis time only for a week) and if it looks good I will arrange a pub meet somewhere, hopefully be able to give a few days notice.

And just a heads-up for your diaries. The Corby Glen Sheep Fair, which many of us attended last year and was very successful, as well as a nice day out (typical village summer show, craft stalls, pets, morris dancers, classic cars, beer....) is on Sunday 4th Oct. I shall be going, rain or shine (it's only 2 miles away) so would appreciate some company. More details nearer the day.

Cheers

Al

I'm taking my series 7 to Peterborough on Sunday as long as the weather is not terrible. I think the forecast is reasonable at the moment. I'm going with my neighbour who's taking his Lincoln town car, there's two extremes for you.

I'm going via Higham Ferrers to pick up my nephew, so I'm heading down M1/A14 then up the A605. I suspect it'll be easier for you to go straight there! To exhibit you have to be onsite for 09:15 so I'll be there for then.

Hope to see you then....

We will have to try to meet up, perhaps I will wear a pink carnation so you can recognise me. Perhaps not though might get more than I bargained for. Weather looks to be cool but dry which will be an improvement on last Sunday.

It reminds me of the time I told a customer I'd come over & show her the whole shabang! I was talking about a new IT system but she interpreted my statement very differently! Made for an awkward meeting.

Let's just say I don't use that turn of phrase much these days. :)

Come & find me & say hello!

Cheers

Matthew

Guest mike26950

There is a combined Car/Bike Show and Car Boot Sale at the Tulip factory in Ruskington, near Sleaford on Sunday 20th Sept starting 8am. Its an informal show with any interesting vehicle welcome. There will certainly be at least a couple of kit cars on display ( inc my Tiger ! ) Anyone taking part in the Show can have a free car boot pitch. Bacon butties tea and coffee available. All proceeds split between Make-a-Wish charity and the Lincs Air Ambulance.