Good Bye To The Old Girl

philshelton

Well thats it this weekend we say good buy to the old girl, a great feat in engineering and now we have to say bye. she served us well.

this weekend sees the final flights of XB558 avro vulcan she is doing a north tour on saturday and a south tour on sunday. I am hoping to see her flying over bruntingthorpe air field the place of her rebirth

north route

Amongst the places being visited on this route:
Gainsborough, Brough, Menwith Hill, Leeming, Durham Tees Airport*, Newcastle Airport*, Eshott Airfield, Alnwick, East Fortune, Carlisle Airport, Bowness on Windermere, Warton, Chadderton, Manchester Airport*, Woodford, RAF Cosford, East Midlands Airport* and Derby.

south route

Amongst the places being visited on this route:
RAF Waddington, Rutland Water, North Weald Airfield, Gravesend, Herne Bay, Manston, Dover, Ashford, Dunsfold, Farnborough, Middle Wallop, Old Sarum, Bristol Airport*, Filton, Cardiff Airport*, St. Athan, Staverton Glos Airport, RAF Brize Norton*, Wellesbourne, Bruntingthorpe and Newark.

Well reminded Phil. Luckily she will be flying right over my house.

advantage of living on a air base. unfortunately she wont be flying over where my mate is posted and her fleet last saw active service. he is on a 12 month post in the Falklands.