Car Woes

nicko

So, it all started with a diesel leak on the Altea, booked it in for repair last Friday. Phone call 2hours after dropping it off to say leak was fixed, but a water pipe had burst and car could not be driven. Extremely trustworthy guys at garage that my Wifes known for over 25 years.

This morning I went out to Yaris as usual to go to work, windows covered in dew, so I started the car, put fans and heated rear window on and got out to clear windows. Rear window "sizzled" at 1 side when I moved water to there, so I quickly turned heated rear window of. 150 yards from house "BANG" rear window shattered.

Then find out dealer part for Altea is out of stock, so can't be fixed until at least tomorrow.

Then 1st company I rang to replace window in Yaris gave me a date in 2 weeks.... Rang around and now getting fixed Wednesday morning.

Good job the Missus works from home and can do without a car a few days a week.

Nick

Wish I had time to use the Hood. can't use it for work as parking not secure.

Rear window of Yaris now made of industrial cling film thanks to a guy at work. His missus has been on at him for 10 years to throw it away so he proudly took photos to show her.

Nick