Is There A Good Time To Buy/sell Kit Cars?

Guest russell555

Guest russell555

Is there a premium time that kit cars tend to sell more than others?...

I've had mine up for sale for nearly a year now with not much interest from adverts on forums/websites... Only interest has been from parking it outside the workshop with a sign on it and people stopping to look at the "shiny car"..

Don't really want to go down the eBay route as I've been stung before..

I would suggest that late April, just before the Stoneleigh show is a good time. You can also take it to Stoneleigh and advertise there.

Also I have looked at your ad from last May and there are two pages of "chat/banter" which I think distracts attention from the sale of your car. If possible get that thread removed then re advertise next year. HTH

The problem with Stoneleigh is too much choice.....great for buyers, not so great for sellers.

2 local sellers of Hoods in the past few years had success using Autotrader...one 7 type really stands out

against thousands of repmobiles.

+1 for spring sales.

Buyers want to jump in & drive as much as they can, not stare at it (however lovingly!!!) in the garage.

Good luck with it.

A few years ago I was looking at buying a V8 Vantage and their prices vary by around £3000 depending on the time of year. Their prices were at the highest from March though the summer as that's when people tend to buy sports cars, they dropped sharply once the good weather had passed and winter sets in.

I assume these will be the same/similar

Edited by m1tch

Guest mower man

Spring to sell ,autumn to buy or perhaps a little later to buy as pre christmas pressure to GET RID OF THE TOY comes on , sold mine in sept and both sides were happy but it can be a lottery mick :crazy: