Rear Diffuser

Guest danny_samb

Guest oshiney2

you would need to make a home custom made one mate the gbs zero one does not fit but i have seen some home made ones and you can style it to what ever suits you good luck mate

Guest 2b cruising

If the inner edge of the defuser is not sealed to the flat bottom of the car, it will hold your higher speeds Back and create havoc with the handling trying to lift the rear end up all the time.

That is why Tractor was was correctly mentioning the diff being to low.

Nobody want to hear of you coming off the road and getting hurt.

My opinion only.

Edited by 2b cruising

Was thinking of putting one on my S3 as the tank hangs 15mm below the body

Diffusers only work with a completely sealed underfloor and the floor should curve slightly to provide down force with the diffuser cleaning up the flow as it exits.

For our cars it will always be cosmetic so some thought about how to construct and fit should also consider the air brake effect if the leading edge forces air to a dead stop above the diffuser

A nominal gap above when fitting should sort that or some slots in the diffuser where the air hits the inside rear of the car

If done with care it would either never be seen or could enhance the look.

if you just want to tidy the rear end you could take a look at donkervoort as they do some pretty nice stuff on a seven theme. This is one of their's for example http://media.autoweek.nl/m/m1by0d3bem7i_800.jpg

It would easily hide the cut off pipes etc. Search for donkervoort on google images and you'll see other ways they have done the rear as well. They retail at 60k euro + so somebody must like the styling :)

hth

Guest 2b cruising

I think I would sooner pay that kind of money for one of them than roughly the same amount for a Caterham.

A great deal of Thought seems to have gone into the full design of that.