Exmo Wishbone

alantoon

Does anyone know anything about this car or who built it, I would be interested to see if the mod. worked, I don't see why it wouldn't. I was thinking with my car being a mild steel chassis it would be a fairly simple mod. to do.Exmo%20suspension%20mod..JPG3_zpskbx1bsd
Exmo%20suspension%20mod..JPG4_zpsknwwokp
Exmo%20suspension%20mod..JPG2_zps0s2u4ri

Hi Alan,

Having a mild steel exmo as well, I've spent many hours considering, sketching, measuring etc....etc....the front double wishbone modification.

Whilst it would make an interesting project (something I rarely shy away from), on balance I have come to the conclusion that the tiebar modification, poly bushes and softer springs on the front end offers the best overall suspension solution for the exmos. The 2 main reasons behind this is; The wishbone set-up will only give a slight improvement over the tiebars and the added weight of the steel subframe needed for the wishbone solution probably counteracts any handling improvements gained....(although this is opinion based / untested).

Please don't think I'm putting a downer on those who have done this modification to the exmos as it is impressive given the work involved......and when all said-and-done, the wishbones do look better the the original Exmo struts.

Matt moo did the modification and I think that might be his car in your pictures.

• Like 1

Yes i have done a bit of research and it is in fact Matt's car. I don't think it was ever on the road and the last info I can find is that the car was up for sale unfinished.I am quite tempted to have a go in the future as I think it would be a good technical challenge. I agree with Steamer that any gains will be small but I would really like to have a go.