Helllllpppppp

Del1968

hese gauges are doing my head in now :crazy: cbs has sent me a new speedo I wire it per their instrusions and still nothing am I doing something wrong that I cant see I cant have 2 faulty gauges I wanted it all done for next weekend for my run down to kent any advice going to check again tomorrow afternoon so if anyone around draycott in derby sunday more than welcome to pop over

Guest 2b cruising

Is the speed sensor working?

If you have used a seperate one running from shaft speed the air gap between sensor wire and trigger point is crucial.

Is the speed sensor working?

If you have used a seperate one running from shaft speed the air gap between sensor wire and trigger point is crucial.

The sensor I have used replaces the speedo cable which fits into the gear box which then coverts to pulses for the speedo so there is no air gap tell me if I am wrong but following the per said intrusions on which colour goes where 3 wires from sensor red ,black,white colours from speedo red ,black,white,blue,yellow,green now they say I do not need to connect the white from speedo has done away with the Hall effect which you only use the white for the red goes to perm live black to ground green to white on sensor blue to switch live yellow to side lights done all that but surely when you turn on the ignition the dial should a least show up all o in the miles and trip counter which it don't so it's either they have a bad batch of dials or I am going wrong some where I just can't think where

Unless I try running a new wire from the battery both live and ground just to see if there is anything

The old seirra dial was working fine but we all know how ugly they look that's why I gone these dials but the same with the other dial tho as if no power to it yet all my other dials work fine clock on perm live the others on switched live so I add wire from clock to speedo and the switched live from other dials so I can't see where the problem is

got it working at last found it to be the connection block on the back off the speedo the one that conects into the speedo now i am trying to cailbrate it agaist a sav nav how correct are sat navs cause its saying i am 10mph out no matter which dip swiches i change

Guest 2b cruising

Glad you got it working now,

Sat nags not to bad. Definately better than 10 mph.

As for calibrating, I'm lost on that one. Sorry.

right i cant do any more than have still cant get speedo cailbrated now filled up with fuel full tank now that gauge is showing empty i know it will need new fuel sender which i have got had a look and what a mess where they have used the old seirra sender so i have now decided to send the car off to gbs to sort out gauges and fuel tank its driving me mad know

Calibrated mine against my satnav and checked it against several "safety" warning speed indicators and found it spot on. When it went on the rolling road they also said it was spot on and needed no adjustment

instructions for the calibrating the speedo 20160704_062958_zpscfyphso7.jpg

so if any one would like to do calculations for me be great help I can also see if it matches what I got when calculating the sensor my wheel size is 56cm and 1 rotation of rd wheel = 2 turns of inner cable which gave me 12 pulses

Work out the percentage error at a particular speed then increase or decrease the number by that amount. Rerun the car and repeat until the error is zero. I did this with Smiths gauges which are easier as you program them from the front.