Rover Engine - Help Needed With Valves

AndyW

Chris - I'm in the middle of cleaning everything up and waiting for parts. Found a set of AE inlet valves on ebay and waiting for them to come. Also discovered a local classic engine reconditioning company who checked all my valves for straightness and are getting me some exhaust valves at a reasonable price. Gaskets, camshaft oil seals and Loctite also on order from various places. Just waiting for it all to come together so I can get stuck in!

• Like 1

Guest 2b cruising

An engine reconditioned will be able to replace those for you.

Now you've bought new valves I thought that would be your best way out.

2b - yes I've found a local engine reconditioner who will do the guides for me. Also waiting for a set of inlet valves to arrive found on eBay.

Tractor - no not even going to consider that yet :-)

• 3 weeks later...

4 cracked/broken valve guides replaced by my local engine reconditioner and head cleaned and degreased. Received all the new valves ordered to replace the bent ones, and have put them back in the head myself. Engine now rebuilt (many thanks for the extra pairs of hands Tractor and Al Richey) and she's a runner again.

First time I've taken an engine apart so I'm chuffed it all went back again and worked.

Now I just need to finish making a new lower bracket for the front coilover and get the front suspension sorted, then I can get out and enjoy the last days of summer!

• Like 3