Twin Webber 45 Carbs

Del1968

gonna have a look at the distrupter and see if it helps if i retard it slitghtly been reading on here again about rwin 40 webbers why is it so hard to decide on what to get seems there are pros and cons with both types of carbs bike and webbers dont want to rush out and bvuy bike carbs and not be happy with them moved the car over to the misses garage in leicester the weekend where it will living from now on so i can work on it

Guest 2b cruising

Where is your dear wife going to work on hers, LOL

There are pros and cons whatever you get.

Injection expensive setting up. against, overal performance good all round a plus.

Twin Webbers. Expense and repetitive tuning unless you are lucky are against you, for could be the economy if correctly jetted and tuned to your needs.

Bike carbs, messy setting up the manifolds, picking the right carbs for your use and jetting can be worrisome.Once tuned generally stay tuned and reportedly best sound. If right inlets or plenum used.

Difficult decision to make.

Are you aware the original twin choke is suitable for up to 170 bhp when set up to suitable engine. You can easily set them to open both throttles together without the half throttle delay.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get to the decision that suites you without too much hassle.

Cheers 2b it is hard to decide as I like the look of the webbers with the trumpets danst engineering have given me a price for all the individual parts I require for my engine for bike carbs and works out to about 700 will need a rolling Rd set up but then so will the webbers

You mentioned about the original carb I got how do you get both to open at the same time

Guest Gargoil

I don't think they are supposed to open at the same time Dell, it improves economy but allows for both to open when needed.

True, it's not a pretty carb to look at, but it's a good one.

If looks aren't a consideration and performance is, get the injection head and cam fitted.

With a rolling road setup, you should be looking at an extra 20bhp +

8)

Guest Gargoil

I think you have everything you need for the swap Del. I would recommend taking the head to an engineering firm for a checkover. It was from a good source but why take chances. While it's there it's an opportunity to rethink valve size and compression (even more bhp) and test fit the new camshaft. There may be some engineering to be done on the spring seats, no one could give me an answer until the cam was trial fitted.

Apart from that, it should be a bolt on job.

Guest mower man

38 DGAS opens both at once !, if its a 2 l valves are big enough for 160 bhp + its the ports that need attention my 2.1 made 145 with a modded head and a Newman phase 2 cam ,38 dgas and an acuspark distrib was nice to drive with no bad habits and reasonable mpg :crazy: mick

Mick has got it right, 38 DGAS is the correct choice. It will give you similar performance to twin Webbers, is easier to set up, and more fuel efficient.

Webbers are a pain, they will keep going out of tune, and drink fuel. That's why you see so many Pinto sets on fleabay.

Bike carbs are much better once sorted, but you've got to sort them first.

WEBER DCOE CARBS CORRECTLY TUNED BY AN EXPERT THAT ARE IN GOOD CONDITION DO NOT DRINK FUEL AND DO NOT GO OUT OF TUNE, 35MPG ON A 2.0L ZETEC WITH BIG CAMS IN BEING THRASHED ROUND SCOTLAND FOR 1800MILES IS NOT DRINKING FUEL !! I'VE TUNED THEM ONCE ON A DYNO AND NEVER TOUCHED THEM AGAIN.

• Like 2

Guest lotusPaul

Webbers are ok carbs..too many people dissmiss then because they're not initially setup correctly.

But I have said before and I'll still stand by it, nothing wrong with a DGAS.

But let's not put to bed a well set up Webber engined motor.

Guest 2b cruising

Same as anythingDan.

Treat things as they are meant to be treated. Look after them well and they will do as it says on the box.

That's why I would choose Jenvey's.