Crimping Tool Needed

Guest jetskijase

Guest jetskijase

HI All

I'am just about to wire up my vg loom to the stalks, the connecter blocks that come with them need a crimpping tool to crimp the terminals then click them into the block.

I have a set of rachet crimps for the red blue and yellow terminals but i need the one's that crimp the brass connectors that go intto the block, Has anyone got a pair of these :unsure: And can i be cheeky and ask to borrow them :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , I;ve tried getting hold of some but can't locate them. I'am at harrogate tomorrow if someone with a pair is going :rolleyes:

If not doe's anyone know what they are called or where to get them from??

Thanks in advance everyone, stuck without them as i want to keep the connector blocks.

Jase

Never seen them at a kit car show but I have at classic shows. Can't make Harrowgate myself this weekend. You could get one from them mail order or drive up to Ilkeston just tother side of Derby. They do a fast cheap reliable service. Its one of those tools like scissors. How did anyone cope before they had them.

Nigel

If you're going to solder them, crimp them first not afterwards otherwise you fracture the solder joint.

Crimping alone is best in cars because solder tends to travel up the wire then vibration causes it to work harden then stress fracture, if you crimp alone then you keep the flexibility.

Guest Peejay

Agree with Guy in theory, but most Kit Cars do relatively low miles, but go on to (hopefully) quite old ages!! so a blob of solder is a good Idea. less prblems with oxidisation. I have made perfectly good joints on those little brass connectors by closing them up with pliers then soldering... Just my way :rolleyes:

Pete

jase

if you want anything from that place just let me know and i'll nip up to get it for you, and bring it to donno if you like? ilkestons only 10 mins from me, and it would be an excuse to get the car out. not that you need one when the suns out!

paul

Guest jetskijase

Cheers Paul

Got most things i needed at the show.

But ermmm i need a connector mate if you can get the car out and pop round there :p :p ;)

See you at donny, prob with me dad this time, to soon to subject rach to another full day of kcars!! :D

Jase