Trigger Wheel And Vr Sensor

jaimo

Guest lotusPaul

Second the above. Unless your engine is completly screwed it wont fire after having basic setup. By putting this and that on a screwed engine thats not setup you will make things worse and end up chasing your tail and paying out more than needs be.

Guest lotusPaul

Jaimo

Am i correct in saying that you got the engine running, as it states in your other post, but it didnt run well?

So now we have a new treat of posts where your stating your webber and dizzy were worn so now going electronic ignition and bike carbs. Im guessing your swapping over in an attempt to get it running?

Im assuming your now content that the issues raised in said first posts are no longer needing attention ie low pressures and pooling of fluids on no3 piston crown. Valve guides potentialy worn and or seals needing replacing. There were numerous others but you get the point im sure.

Im not trying to tell you how to run your life but engines are very simple creatures. Do things systematicaly one at a time and check your fault finding and diagnostics. What leads you to think that dizzy and carb are worn to warrant replacement as you clearly stated previously that spark and fuel were all ok.

The engine runs great now accuspark plugs were just nothing firing motor up ngk in and fires brilliant just a bit of oil on overun going to do full 2.1 rebuild after stoneleigh as if i do the build myself start to finish completly from scratch then i will know it all good

The carb is worn as it has been since got it the person i got it off said it wudnt get aboue 60mph without struggle and cudnt get it tuned right but as i didnt have a working one at all at least it got car moving tryed stu new carb and drives and goes alot better and doesnt over fuel like mine

I have had the bike carbs and megajolt over 2 year just waiting for garage built to fit so now is time instead of wasting money on carb

I appreciate the coments and advice and i am finaly listening do things properly 1st time dont cut corners and do it once just havnt had the time,money or health till now

Edited by jaimo

My advice - Stop messing about with that bl00dy engine and enjoy driving the car!

I agree that if your current carb is screwed then change it for bike carbs, but leave the megajolt well alone and forget about a full 2.1rebuild - unless of course you prefer your car to be motionless for another god-knows how long! and miss the summer weather.

No offence but reading your other (painful) thread, you don't ever seem to apply any logic or order to what you do either - which is critical when troubleshooting engine problems.

Unless you completely know what you're doing, you should never try and change 2 major tuning components at once on a working engine. Fit the carbs, then get the engine set up running properly and some decent miles under its belt before even considering the megajolt.

I've no doubt you're still going to go ahead with your original plans despite advice, and as such I've no doubt there will be another 20page thread popping up at some point soon.

Not meaning to be offensive - but hoping some strong words may get through to you so you can finally start to enjoy your car!!!