Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
theduck

theducks Ford Prefect 100e ex-drift car Turbo Pinto Project

Recommended Posts

Well I suppose it is about time I show you all what is replacing the Robin Hood, so here it is, the first video in a project car series.  Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
 

 

I'll change the topic title to something more meaningful in a few days so those who are interested dont have the surprise spoilt.  Also, for those of you who havent seen them posted elsewhere, there have been a couple of videos showing some mini-projects going on prior to the start of the build, so you may be interested in catching up on this playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF8mZsmx_w&list=PL-_tWQqniU8kE9fgNjIv3RsQQ0AwjvdbN

Edited by theduck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you've got a solid car there. I remember those axles becoming popular in the 80's for hot rods. 

Nick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh it’s pretty good base, so couldn’t turn it down!  The Volvo axles pretty strong, seen Volvos around 450bhp still running them and only having issues when they are trying to launch them down the drag strip on slicks. So should be fine for my smokey old pinto 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing too exciting in this one, but I do explain some more of the plan and parts we will be using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
Its 7pm (ish) on a Wednesday, so it's new video time!  In this weeks video we finish making the 100e a roller again! We make a custom panhard bar, make brackets for the front suspension components, and finalise the steering setup.  For such a mix match of components it has all gone together surprisingly well and even the ride heights are close enough to make it work so this is the first big milestone ticked off.

 

 

 

Next week we'll be ticking off another milestone, getting the engine and gearbox properly mounted in the car.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems I forgot what my own release schedule was when i posted last week, so no engine mounting today, instead you get to see me starting work on repairing the scrap yard fibreglass bonnet.  The more I work on this bonnet, the more I have come to realise, it really wasnt as good as it looked in the photos, and realistically it wasnt worth the "saving" over buying a new one.  Having said that, if I had bought a new one then I wouldnt have had much I could get on with while the car is still at my mates, so in a way, it has been quite nice to have this to focus on during the weekday evenings when i cant get over to work on the rest of the car.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was out at the mids meet tonight so didn’t get chance to share the link to this weeks video until now. In this one I finish off repairing the bonnet and get both boot and bonnet painted ready to go on the car

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...