Maserati donor (yes really).

richyb66

Not your regular donor but someone might be up for a challenge.

I have been contacted regarding a 2012 Maserati 4.2 GT. It had a complete body kit grafted onto it but it is far worse than that. All but the roof has been stripped of external panels and the frame has been rudely pulled into something like shape before the kit was fitted on to it. It's isn't viable to repair but might be a good breaker or donor car for a kit.

The engine is a cracking base being a Ferrari built 4.2 litre naturally Aspirated unit that is bomb proof (3 known failures in 20 years of production for the UK). There are successful builds out there using alternative ECU's managing the variators and cam timing etc. This is linked to a Ferrari built Transaxle auto with paddle override. As far as the other mechanicals on the vehicle, it's hard to say how many would be of use.

Ballpark price for the lot is £3k, if anyone is interested, pm me ASAP and I can put you touch with the seller. I will try and post pictures later.