Zetec misfire GBS zero

Jerbear

Hi all, 

First post on here.

Aquired a 2019 Zero with 2.0 Zetec.. car hardly used since IVA. less than 1k.

drove car home, 5hr journey, All good.Used car for a few runs before weather turned.

One of my gripes was poor gauges. Couldn’t see or read oil, water or amp gauge so swapped for Little Devil gauges and added oil temp. Since this had engine misfire/popping and reluctant to pick up. 
Running K6 emerald ECU with wide and lambda. 
Have swapped obvious, plug leads etc but no better. 
Checked wiring but can’t see anything obvious.

Did disconnect ECU wiring to tidy up. 

any help appreciated

Jeremy 

If it ran well for 5 hrs before being modified, I would suggest you look at the things you have changed rather than looking for a new problem.

It sounds like it could a bad/ intermittent earth somewhere, perhaps on the ECU wiring.

Yes, definitely sounds like something related to your recent changes. The ECU needs a minimum voltage to work (11V or something like that?) - maybe your system is now sometimes providing less and the ECU is literally shutting down then switching on continually?

In the Emerald software, there is a datalogger function - connect a PC up, start the software and drive the car, monitoring the various options - look for obvious spikes or see if you just keep losing the connection as the ECU turns off?

I had a misfire issue and it was the wiring to my TPS but I worked it out from the datalogger - details in my blog post about it here.

9 hours ago, nelmo said:

Yes, definitely sounds like something related to your recent changes. The ECU needs a minimum voltage to work (11V or something like that?) - maybe your system is now sometimes providing less and the ECU is literally shutting down then switching on continually?

In the Emerald software, there is a datalogger function - connect a PC up, start the software and drive the car, monitoring the various options - look for obvious spikes or see if you just keep losing the connection as the ECU turns off?

I had a misfire issue and it was the wiring to my TPS but I worked it out from the datalogger - details in my blog post about it here.

Checked voltage, that seems ok. Agree that related to recent work.  Will look into the data logger . Have had a PC on it before. 

9 hours ago, nelmo said:

10 hours ago, Derek said:

If it ran well for 5 hrs before being modified, I would suggest you look at the things you have changed rather than looking for a new problem.

It sounds like it could a bad/ intermittent earth somewhere, perhaps on the ECU wiring.

Currently checking wiring, have put a busbar for earths under dash. Wiring is/ was a bit of a bodge in places, mainly the wide band lambda , but gauge reads ok .?