Canadian Robin Hood

h20ham

Hello

I recently acquired a 2001 Robin Hood with a 4AGE 5 speed, seems great.

Though, I am considering putting in an Electric Drive ‘Unit’

I will be enjoying this beauty for a few 1000km before, or if gas prices stay reasonable, longer, harder & etc!!!

thanks rhocar 

Jim

Ah man, that is a BEAUTIFUL part of the world to have a kit car in - I did an RV tour around BC back in 1997 and we went through Revelstoke....awesome area!

BUT...

putting an electric motor in a kit car (or any car)?! Sacrilege...don't do it.... 🙂 

4 hours ago, h20ham said:

Hello

I recently acquired a 2001 Robin Hood with a 4AGE 5 speed, seems great.

Though, I am considering putting in an Electric Drive ‘Unit’

I will be enjoying this beauty for a few 1000km before, or if gas prices stay reasonable, longer, harder & etc!!!

thanks rhocar 

Jim

NO!!! Why would you want to spoil such a thing, the 4AGE is an awesome little engine, all EV's are the devils work, they are a flash in the pan & will soon die out once the truth is known about them. Environmentally friendly my arse, they are more harmful to the planet than a Hemi V8

Ha, well, as said. Wont happen soon, but, if fuel gets too expensive.

true about Revelstoke area, fresh drinkable water, air, large game. Gods country!

one thing I am having a difficult time with, is locating the Vin tag.  2001, not in the pedal box area or anywhere normal on chassis as GBC suspects.

The inspection facility will need to see this, it is out of Province so requires the inspection and Vin.

Kind Regards

Jim

From GBC

Thank you for your email, the chassis number is usually on the pedal box or scuttle area of the chassis and also on the frame that is where they are always found on the Zeros.
On the Robin Hood cars, they can be anywhere really but we always say look in those above places as that is where they are normally found.
It is a 17 digit number that should be on a plate.

Hope that helps.
Thanks

the kits didnt have vin numbers allocated. the dvla gave you one or you made up your own. in the uk it is 17 characters assorted letters and numbers. if you got the uk v5 (log book) with the car the vin no will be in there. then you can stamp that on your chassis.