Washers and wipers

Hi all 

My 2b passed its IVA 3 years ago and is now due for its first mot. When presented for IVA there was no window screen fitted, for obvious reasons. Since then over the past few years I fitted a screen but no wipers an washer, do I need wipers ect for mot or will I need to remove the screen to get a pass. I took it this morning and before the mechanic even started the test he stated it needs wipers so I never entered the garage to avoid a fail. I was told a couple of years ago by someone on a club stand that they are only tested if present on the car. Can anyone give me the correct information or advise.  Thanks in advance. 

I'll repeat what I said on your FB post; having a screen without wipers is worse than no screen at all. So you might pass your MOT but if you dont/can't fit wipers (you don't need demisters, I've got through MOTs without them), then leave the screen off and fit an aero screen and wear a helmet.

My wipers stopped working on a day out when it started raining and I couldn't see a thing, I literally had to lean out the car to see. You'd think the airflow would blow the water off a little but I think because our screens are flat, that just doesn't happen.

On 5/11/2024 at 10:41 PM, nelmo said:

I'll repeat what I said on your FB post; having a screen without wipers is worse than no screen at all. So you might pass your MOT but if you dont/can't fit wipers (you don't need demisters, I've got through MOTs without them), then leave the screen off and fit an aero screen and wear a helmet.

My wipers stopped working on a day out when it started raining and I couldn't see a thing, I literally had to lean out the car to see. You'd think the airflow would blow the water off a little but I think because our screens are flat, that just doesn't happen.

Thanks going to remove then fit wipers over winter. 

• Like 1