Robin Hoods On Tour 2005 Scotland

Guest captn Pugwash

Guest captn Pugwash

Right ladies and gentlemen, whose up for it in 2005.

it was suggested last night on the site in pictures from scoltand (red 7) that we go on tour next year, possibly in place of a show date, Donnington was mentioned.

Right then, what do we want to do and where do we all want to go.

Answers in this topic, lets beat Rizlas vortex topic :p .

1- West coast.

2- east coast

3- Up the middle. :o :o Keep it clean.

4- Time of the year.

5- what do you want to do or visit. Scenic, motorsport, knockhill or rest and be thankful hill climb, go watch a forest motorsport rally, photographic type tour taking in mountains passes and lakes.

6- where do you want to kip, in a tent or b.b.

The sooner we get sorted the sooner I /we can start to plan it.

Answers below with ideas.

Right, as we said last night. LETS DO IT.

Captn.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D i dont know scotland at all,but going by the pics where ever we go il be there

i think if you can find a b&b near to where we wish to go that would do well,plus we would need parking for a few cars(maybe camping would be better)

im easy il go with the flow

:D stuff that im going on me own(i want fun)not ear ache "slow down your driving to fast again"

ive got a new tent that springs up itself(really) :p

Edited by rizla

Guest Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck and Tuck's totty are definitely up for a tour!

Dumfries and Galloway, then up to Glasgow, Loch Lomond, Fort William and anywhere west would be great.

Could try Pass of Brander and Pass of the Cattle (Bealach Na Ba ), as well as the Rest and be Thankful if we went out that way, then back to Inverness, and through the middle to Stirling.

We have relatives in Arbroath, Aberdeen and friends in Elgin, so know the country reasonably well, maybe some of our Scots and more northerly members could also suggest some itineraries.

Interests for us are scenery, touring, maybe a bit of motorsport, photography opportunities are everywhere.

We don't have a tent, but that could soon be remedied, and providing we went somehtime between end May and early September, weather should be OK. We usually do B&B or Travellodge, but like Rizla, we will go with the flow.

Let's keep the ideas coming !!

Tuck

We could base ourselves in Aviemore. They have some wooden Chalets we could hire near the river. Loads of parking and stagering distance to town. Great driving nearby and only a few hours from the border. I could be stupid and say you are all welcome to camp at my place in Washington before we head North, but if 50 Hoods turn up I will have to move house!

Guest Friar Tuck

Aviemore would be great, easy access to the west, across the Great Glen to the north (Inverness) or Southwest(Fort William), and also good for the Cairngorms.

Just remembered, there is a very handy log chalet place in Strathyre that may be suitable, up to 200 mile runouts would be good, and see a lot of the country.

Will do a bit of research and post results

Tuck

Guest jetskijase

I think a central base is a good idea like riz said. My idea would be to load up the rh to the brim then go to the central point and then drive out daily and maybe a stay out night for the further drive's.??? camping in a field full of hoody's :p

Jase

My recent trip to Scotland was a great success. Here are a few more pic's to wet your appetite. Loch Etive reached from Glen Coe by a ten mile single track along a magical Glen.

post-13-1098307436.jpg

Guest captn Pugwash

good ideas, but who is going? where has everyone gone? do they want a date away from kit car event or in place of one.

I like the idea of a central location, but not Argyle in june, the mozzies can eat through concrete.

steven, Where was the loch pictures taken.

Captn

Pics are Loch Etive and Loch Linnhe. We did circular drives from Aviemore via Monarch of the Glen locations. Drive to Mallaig from Fort William chasing the steam train is a cool run too. Please, please remember these pic's where taken only a few days ago (October) the Midges are asleep and I am a tough Geordie and my wife is a Viking (Danish) so we do not feel the cold like SOUTHERN folk.

We drove roofless (most of the trip) but we turned a lot of heads and the roof was up and down like a whores knickers :o :D :lol: :D

post-13-1098311638.jpg