Snow

Peter Bell

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Dad tells me it is in Coventry, but there's none down here in the soft south.

If it does, everyone will be blaming the council again, and the word ''chaos''will get over-used. as ususal. :o :D

Guest 2bsprint

We did have quite a lot here between 7 and 8, it was good fun driving it :lol:

apart from dodging the people who wanted to do 20 mph :(

...but most of it has already melted and coming back from Stone there were floods in the road

Glynn

My Sub-K is my everyday car, the journey home from work last night was very wet and then it snowed so it's well slippery this morning in Cambridge.

Because it's Children in need day I came in shorts this morning as well :lol:

I had to drive from East Manchester to Preston yesterday evening. It started as sleet in Manchester - became snow as I drove up the M66 near Bury - it had "stuck" as I drove over Haslingden Grane (very pretty) - and was just cold and wet by the time I got to Preston. There's a good bit still on the Scimitar (it looks white again rather than dirty).

Coming over the Grane I got fed up of the trucks doing about 15mph so decided to take a shortcut down Pickup Bank. Unfortunately I rapidly caught up to a Vitara who had decided to do the same thing but wouldn't do more than 20mph. If it hadn't been snowing I'd have passed her - why-oh-why do these people suddenly slow to a crawl when it snows? OK slow down and be a little more careful/cautious/ready but last night was just ridiculous.

Iain

Guest alan rowe

we had quite heavy snow last night in Northants (big flakes) but this morning was the big problem - as it had been -3° overnight and the car had got wet before it snowed, all the doors froze up and I couldn't get in to the car

Guest johnboymac

no snow here (central scotland) but it was -5 at 6.30am, so I had to scrape the windows and then drive using fists only cause my hands were frozen stiff. made gear changes a bit interesting. apparently a fair bit of snow in aberdeen though.

J