Hardtop

Joel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... so its the last inch or two that would need to be "adjustable". Perhaps a slightly longer roll bar to screen length that can be trimmed to fit with an end piece that fits the screen.

The problem I could never resolve with this idea is that adjusting the overall length affects the diagonal angle of the side lengths - hopefully a diagram will make more sense :rolleyes:

Or if the front 6 inches werent tapered, just straight (same width as the screen) :D you could trim to length or use the over hang like a cool sun shade moggy vans used to have :D :D

Kieran :wacko:

Guest mastarforth

Is this going to happen?

I am seriously interested in all comments I also like the idea of the extra overhang as a slight sun shade etc. When I have thought about it in the past, the Gull wing door isea was where I thought, as it is a struggle gettingin and out of onewitha soft top, would be an interesting to see you get in if the hard top was on.

I will say again, if htis is going to happen, then I am very interested. I am sure betweent the engineers and Hood builders amongst us we can come up with a design to suuit all of our needs

Andrew

Guest salty_monk

I can do the engineering & have it manufactured but being in the wrong country I need someone else to organise receipt, store & ship. It also needs a sizeable qty of people to agree to take it on as a "group buy".

If we are serious I am in China next week & can work out the realistic MOQ's....

Dan :)

Guest red hornet
I can do the engineering & have it manufactured but being in the wrong country I need someone else to organise receipt, store & ship. It also needs a sizeable qty of people to agree to take it on as a "group buy".

If we are serious I am in China next week & can work out the realistic MOQ's....

Hi Guys I would e interested if it could fit on cortina based S7 but would depand on costs, Ian :D

• 7 months later...
Guest MacMustang
We'd probably need to ship a 20' container qty...... They would certainly cost in the hundreds.

Don't flame me for resurrecting this thread but did anything ever happen?

Joel, don't suppose you still have the original wooden model?

Guest salty_monk

I would think it's such low volume at the price they would need to charge as to be impossible.... sure they have more profitable fish to fry :)