Gutless Corsa

Longboarder

Daughter number one's Corsa 1.2 is driving me nuts. Gutless and hesitant when accelerating, end up in second gear on hills you expect to clear in third. Coughs if you floor it but drives on light throtle OK. Got new plugs,leads cap and rotor. No error code from computer. Anyone got any suggestions.

Nigel

Guest captn Pugwash

could it be fuel related, or muck in the tank, runs on light throttle = enough juice, running out of fuel or fuel blockage if you boot it. just a guess, if it was electronic it would show on the computer, fuel related would not show up.

When did it start happening, was it just after she filled it up = bad fuel or the wrong fuel. I did it once. 5 quid of diesel in a part filled petrol tank, same symptoms.

Sticking to a full sail of wind now,

Cheers

Captn

Its injection. Been like it for a few weeks. I have a gunson fault meter which gives a code 12 (I'm working) and no other code so not electronic? Will check fuel system in the morning but she is off to Oxford later tomorrow. She only appears briefly every now and then.

Nigel

Nigel if you think it is not a fuel problem is the ignition unit a black plastic thing mounted on an aluminium plate? If so check the connections and it may be worth possibly seeing if you can get one from a scrappy, a work friend had missing and stalling problems on an N? reg. Astra it turned out to be that. The Vauxhall dealer couldn't find it.

Peter.

correct me if i am wrong, but i think its a single point injector, i had similar problem a bit back, i took a gamble on it being the injector, it was, but BEWARE, an injector head is about 400 quid at vauxhall, they would not sell the bits seperate, igot one from a breakers for 30, but its much better to know exactly what the problem is rather than throw money at it from all angles. LYNN

Guest Daniel Aldridge

Nigel

It sounds like an ignition break down under load. If you had a spark tester (flashing neon that plugs on plug leads) you might see if its breaking down under load to confirm this.

Three possable causes left are

1/ amp/module

2/ ignition coil or

3/ distrubitor itself.

I'd do what Peter suggests first,check and clean the connections.

Hope this helps!

Danny

and you think the dealer will find the fault quickly
I agree with that! :rolleyes:

I replace things until I have eliminated the fault or test things like fuel pressure. The best way to check ignition breakdown is at night, that way you see the arcing...

55,000 miles hmmm, if you have replaced the plugs then the next thing I would change is the Coolant temp sensor as its very cheap and they fail often, then the Lamda sensor, then the injector.

Another tip is to put some STP ijector cleaner into the tank and see if you notice an improvement like I did. :)

Good luck...

Dave