Sump Pan Depth

Guest Cantbearsed

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown

Dale sorry you are so disappointed with the kit but did you not do any research prior to buying and surly didn’t you wonder why RHSC kits are so much cheaper than others. It’s a case of the more the manufacture puts in the kit the more it costs and the less the builder has to do. With our cars the opposite is the case therefore no two hoods are the same as when building more time is spent thinking out problems than is spent actual building that is what makes them so good as far as a lot of us are concerned. If you wanted things to all fit together then I’m afraid you are at the wrong end of the market. Even at that end of the market the sump would require shortening only the manufacture may offer the service at a price. I see you are fairly local why not come along to our next meeting and have a chat and a look over a few cars? Check here for local news Next meeting 6th February

Guest Cantbearsed

doctor fox. the problem is I just plain dont want to shorten the sump if i find I dont have to. If there is any other way, i'll find it. it stems from being lazy not stupid!

Chris Brown. Thanks for the invite, i've been trying to get to Gravely meetings for bloody ages, just never seem to get there!!!!!

RE: Effort/kit contents/ research... No, I didn't bother with the research. a kit car is a kit car. some building is essential, or it becomes a mass produced factory model. i just guessed that RH engineering had actually put some effort into the job of design knowing the donor car was DEFINITELY a ford sierra. It seems i was wrong and they flog you a heap of parts, some worse than useless videos, half a box of fasteners and expect you to come up with the rest in time to use the last remaining supplies of fossil fuel left on earth. If i had the choice again, i'd forget it and go for the Caterham: built and running. Pay more, yes. Drive sooner!!!!!!!

i'm just sick of staring at the parts now. :(