Hard Top - What You All Have Waited For!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest micky bigthumbs

In the post by Rizla" ouch" there was a car a Donkeyvort or so , there is a thread to there website and the seven type car had doors that fold up and foward at the same time . on like a swivel type hinge off the screen mount.

Mick

Thanks for all the positive response.

Steve, it should fit all 2B’s as the back fits around the chassis and the only thing that should differ between each 2B is, as you said, the space between the roll bar and the windscreen. But there is a overhang which should be enough to fit most cars, unless the windscreen is really out of place. I guess if a soft top fits this will fit, and still give around an inch too two inches overhand which can be cut off or left.

Thanks Gordon for the idea of GT40 style doors, they look brilliant on that car so its defiantly worth looking into.

How dissimilar is the size of the S7? I suppose if the chassis is similar or smaller then it would be able to be made to fit quite easily, as Steve mentioned the main problem would be the distance between the roll bar and front windscreen.

It easy really easy to remove and just lifts off, you do have to take the soft top doors off, which you would want off anyway. So if you wanted to pop down to northants doctor fox then we can try it

I have posted a few more pics on the original link.

http://uk.msnusers.com/RHHardTop

Guest Andybarbet

Yes he has :p

Im well impressed, how about doing one with a vinyl covering ? then you wouldn't even notice the difference - until you hit your head :wacko:

I used to use a hard top on my triumph in the winter and it made life a lot more comfortable.

Good luck and any plans to make one for a Luego Velocity ??

Interesting - do you have a fixed scuttle or is it still the alligator bonnet? If it's still an alligator how does it seal to the screen?

Have you thought about the gullwing as per the Cyclone? where the roof and the door is are hinged at the "gutter - line" and the whole hinges from a T-bar? Makes access much easier as you have the height above the car to clamber through.

Iain

Guest chris brown

Iain I would suspect it would be an absolute nightmare to seal Merc never did get there gullwing doors to seal properly and that was using steel and lots of money to through at the problem and you are suggesting putting in an other hinged section

As for the car as it is I think it looks fantastic well done Simon as for you lot who cant get in and out will have to start going to the gym and give up the booze :p :p ;)

By the way Simon ammend your profile to let us all know where you are. You never know you may live just up the road from one of us (god help you) :p :p

as for you lot who cant get in and out will have to start going to the gym and give up the booze :p :p ;)

GIVE UP BOOZE? :o

You sure you're a Hoodie?

And for your info it's not my girth that's the problem (well not for getting through the soft-top doors). I'll admit to being "economy size" as Big Jim would put it but my problem getting in and out with the top on is the tendancy to bash my head on the steering wheel in the process.

Iain