Wanted -

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

After many (too many) years of trying to make time to build my 2B I finally have to realise my defeat and admit that I am NEVER going to fulfil my dream of building my own car. :boohoo: There just arent enough spare hours left.

I have a maximum budget of around £4000 :( with which to buy myself an on the road, correctly registered Robin Hood 2B in time to go to this years LeMans 24Hr in mid-June. Ideally I would like to buy well before Easter in order to prove reliability prior to the LeMans trip. :(

Ideally, (but not compulsory) the car will be -

2B - I need the extra width !!!!! ;)

An E reg (or newer) - I have a personal plate I wish to use :p

2 litre pinto - injection or carbs :D

Stainless chassis and panels B)

Wishbone suspension :)

Reliable enough to be used as a regular daily car :wub:

Built by the seller - so that knowledge can be passed on ! :gdit:

If you are considering selling, or you know of someone who is selling a car that roughly fits this description, please contact me either by PM from this website, by e:mail to mick@rhocar.org or by phone (my number is printed on inside cover of Club Magazine). Don't sell to a stranger on Ebay - make my dream come true instead !!!!!!

If anyone thinking of selling their current 2B is interested in building another 2B from scratch I will be parting with my kit and would part exchange. The kit is virtually unstarted and pretty much as it left the factory and not 'messed with' - stainless chassis (sliding pillar), mild steel panels, red fibreglass. I have a 1.8 pinto engine which is cleaned and painted, as is the diff and gearbox. All suspension parts, drive shafts etc were sandblasted and painted. All welds on chassis have been wire brushed and/or dressed smooth, and laquered to prevent rusting. I have a vicky green wiring loom as well as the full Sierra loom. I have registration document (E reg) and VIN plate for donor Sierra and all donor parts were from the one car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest chris brown

Just keep watching the sales sites including Autotrader and be willing to travel anywhere in the country to view

Also by the way there are two prime examples of how not to sell on eBay at the moment i.e. poor descriptions and no pictures. Lots of people will not even look without pictures

Guest lardy-fatboy

chris,

the red ones up to £4000 already,only a day left should make $4300/£4500

when it comes to a hood sometimes you have to trust the builder/seller,

the ones i have spoken to all seem genuine and wouldnt lie about there cars. <_< i hope. :huh:

i got mine on e-bay better description and more pics though,

good luck who ever buys it,it looks ok

duncan :D

Guest mickmellors

I found a nice looking one on ebay, sent the seller acouple of questions, got his reply, went back to ebay to place a bid and it has been withdrawn from sale, probably taken an offer - I could have done that !!!

I'll keep looking.

Guest chris brown

Mick if it was the one where the chap said he was selling it for a friend then blame me I asked how was it described it in the V5 and it was a Ford mk3 when I pointed out the error of his ways - i.e. the new owner may have to put it through SVA as the amnesty on wrongly described cars had ended he pulled it straight off - you didn’t want that one anyway. :wub: :wub:

Guest micky bigthumbs

Enlarge 1988 LOTUS SEVEN Robin Hood 2B

2 litre pinto, twin webbers, short shift gearbox, cobra seats, MOT 05, cheep insurance, great runner. £2750.

Tel: 07787 178234

Email: Email Advertiser

Distance: 134 miles

Price: £2,750

1988 LOTUS SEVEN Robin Hood 2B

Enlarge

Icant get the link or picture to copy

Sorry.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_...rch_full=SEARCH

Number 8 down the page (pop up stoppers work two ways )