Rear Springs

Guest Battery Bill

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Les

Is the cup at an angle to the tube then? I thought it was just flat. If thats the case 180 deg turn would hold the spring further forward :D :D

Worth a try cheers

:D

Guest johnboymac

bill,

has the diff been located correctly - just a thought, but if the diff had been attached too low, that would change the angle and bring the drive shafts closer to the springs. by raising the diff up(and the whole de-dion tube) it moves the drive shafts away from the springs. I had this problem on mine initially when it didn't look as if the diff would locate behind the prewelded tab on the chassis. - much swearing and wooden blocks required.

I agree that the springs look like fronts.

J

Guest Petemate

Bill et all

One problem I encountered early in my build was with the rather flat McP strut spring mount, the rear spring can move about, not being properly located. One answer is to fit the rubber bits on the springs - this locates the spring ends securely and squarely in the struts. I've now done the adjustable mod as per the tip on the Yahoo site, works a treat, and as it uses the shaped spring cups from the tops of the front springs, the spring ends sit correctly in them. Incidentally, I tried estate springs way back and they are fractionally too big a diameter for the cups & arms. With force, they can be made to go in but don't half hurt if/when they spring out anywhere near thumbs/knuckles. :( I ended up giving them to Pete Brundell for his Cobra rep. :rolleyes:

FWIW & HTH

Petemate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Battery Bill

Took the spring out today, One end is 12mm diameter and the other is 13mm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nicko Is it Lager of Bitter and will you be at Newark ? :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Nicko

You may have read in the for sale bit I have bought a set of Zeemers off Steve DOHC so I will not require any springs thanks, but I will still buy you a beer at Newark

Cheers

Bill

Bill, no problem. You'll recognize me at Newark, I'll be the one with no Hood on the road, a bag of bits under one arm, and no money left under the other!!!!! :wacko:

Then again, there will probably be plenty in my situation. :D

Nicko