Weights

Richard Grove

When we had our latest creation SVA'd in April (Onyx Firefox) we were a little disappointed as the car was heavier than we expected. Weight without driver was 420 front, 204 rear = total 624KG.

Dad and I had been debating whether this was an accurate weight given that at SVA they weigh the front and rear axles separately.

To settle the debate I went down to a local company who do metal recycling and asked if they would weigh the car on thier weigh bridge. Very nice man at the weigh bridge assured me the scales were very accurate and was very helpful.

Confirmed weight was 550 KG. Allowing for the fact that I had no tools and an empty fuel tank that is at least 50KG lighter than the SVA weights.

Richard

sva weights dont add together for total car weight, its th axle weight, Individualy,you only get true figure when ALL the cars on a weighbridge,

But that seems light for a RH,

My 2b is 720kgs,

Mitch

I had always assumed that adding the two axle weights gave the total weight - my RH 2B had axle weights of 378 + 414 so I always assumed it weighted 792 KG. I guess its true weight is nearer 700KG.

Our new car is an Onyx Firefox which we chose specifically as it was very light , Onyx claimed thier demonstrator was just 400KG. I am pleased that our Firefox weighs less than we thought , but I still can't see how it could get down to the 400KG claimed by Onyx.

the two weights make the gross vehicle weight, including an allowance for driver and luggage, when they check them at sva its to make sure this maximum (as stated by the Manufacturer) isnt exceded.

Mitch

When I got my 2B SVA'd they came up with a "road" weight of 785 kgs.

I asked what the total weight of the bare car was & was told 710kgs.

Seems about right compared with other 2Bs & other makes.

Bob.