Alterations

Guest macca

Guest salty_monk

Looks as if it'll be stronger after than before as long as that plate is thick enough....

Any twisting will be opposed by a pulling motion on one set of bars & a pushing motion on the other...

If you're using the plastic injection tank like Bill & Joey's you'll need to be wary of where the swirl pot ends up....

Dan :)

Guest macca
If you're using the plastic injection tank like Bill & Joey's you'll need to be wary of where the swirl pot ends up....

No worries their im a carb man (potatoes, pasta, rice!!!) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris brown

It looks like that should work now all you need is a spare wheel loop which also acts as a bumper (protecting the tank in case of a rear end shunt) I take it the tank will slot in there ok.

I was talking to another builder who has had a tank made witch is shaped so as to fit from underneath and still fit within the body.

Does any body know why Richard changed the rear from a design that worked on the 2B to this which doesn’t?

Guest macca

Hi Chris

Yes the tank fits fine now. I'll post a pic next time I try it in. I spoke to Andy Rathbone. He fitted his tank under the chassis. Well its sorted now so onward and upward B)

Macca

It may have been better to triangulate the top reinforcing bars as shown as this would have a spreading force on the rear frame cancelled by the cross bar acting in tension. The current top bars will tend to push/pull the cross tie back and forward without effectively resisting the motion. That all supposes there will be some motion at the top of the diff plate!

Nigel

Guest macca

Looks like the top bars need moving. Both for the reasons mentioned and for the fact that one of the bars interferes with the sender unit. :angry:

The bars end at the plate and would have to move about 18 inches to reach the kidneys. The plate is solid and I think A rear end shunt with enough force to move the bars will cause greater problems than a poke in the kidneys :wacko: :(

Thanks for all the comments, i'll post a modified pick when the bars are moved

Macca