Barkston Heath

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

Right you twittering bunch of numpties!

While the more Barkston hardened bunch of Barkston loonies may understand what I say with regard to suitable attire for the day................. the Barkston 'virgins' may not.

Overalls.

To be made of non man made fibres, ie cotton as the bare minimum.

The link that Salty has added is ideal, their overalls will do the job just right.

You could buy welding overallls if you wish, but they can cost nearly as much from H T Hughes as a proban suit.

Any of the Stock Car racing sites also sell or advertise proban suits, though the models used for some of the adverts can be off putting (look like 'typical stock car bods') Those living in the Fens will know what I mean.

Helmets.

Can be open or closed face but must be in good working order.

As for boots and gloves, that is entirely up to you.

But Demon Thieves actually have the best price stuff. It tends to be Non FIA and in the carting section.

A goood pair of gloves can be had for under £20 and boots for around £30.

That being said, boots and gloves are not mandatory at Barkston.

And before the Battery Boys respond with "ooooo can we drive in bare feet?".......... NO you cant at Barkston :p

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Last time I went there was a sprint competition going on Sunday. The RAFMSPA or whatever they call themselves :p (RAF motorsports club) have a sprint series on Sundays.

Last time you could compete in the sprint comp on the Sunday for an extra £30 quid or so. I didn't but a couple of people did.

The Go Karting is something completely separate, not connected to the RAF & will be full of us lot only the way I read it.

Cheers,

Dan

Guest salty_monk

The Karts are single engine Pro Karts I think. Have a look back through the post, the link to their website is on one of these pages...

The karts won't be that quick (as they're lawn mower engine variety, albeit 200cc) but the track does look good & then of course you get the Rhocar camaraderie for nowt... :)

Guest John Walton

Hi Busa,

for more details on the Sunday Sprint against the RAFMSA email me direct.

It was something we put on last year but did not attract a lot of interest.

It does not involve Karts and we be held on the same track as the one we use on Saturday. It is a formal competition rather than a track day thrash.

Points go towards the RAFMSA Sprint Challenge Championship

For anyone wanting info on this contact me direct, thus giving me a better idea of interested parties. I can then get a price and availability of places from RAFMSA.

:ph34r:

Guest John Walton

Another thought for barkston

Bring some electrical tape, this is attaching the race numbers to your car.

Electrical tape sticks well and does not mark paint or bright work.

The more the merrier at Sudays Karting, grudges fom Saturday can be settled in a sort of gentlemanly fashion :ph34r:

a fairer fashion shall we say, with all cars being equal, it'll be down to the driving alone...