Mot

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Hi

Does anyone know if windscreen wipers have to park to get through MOT ??

MINE WORK BUT JUST DONT PARK...THEY JUST STOP ANYWHERE ON THE SCREEN

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

My girlfriend's car recently failed its mot because its wipers didn't park properly. However, I recently bought an S7 and its wipers don;t park properly .... I have to guess when the park at the bottom of the screen, and that did pass its mot!

Probably not much help to you, but I would guess that you might be ok

T

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Ok

Thanks guys...its all a question of timing when you switch them off i guess....hopefully by the time they've tested the exhaust co2 they'll be past caring or high on the fumes!!

Cheers

Nick

Guest Peejay

older cars didn't self park anyway, and as we 'get away' with lots of the rules applying to them I gues it would be ok. If not ask the tester to show you where in the manual it says they must!!!

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I have just replaced the parking switch on my motor (it is a pain if they dont park) cost £14 from Lucas ALSO if they dont park there is something wrong in the switch box and if one of the copper contacts has broken of it could cause a big short in there and it will happen on a dark wet inconveinient time wont it ?

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Thanks for the responses guys

Id happily fix em if i knew how.I got a second hand lucas mini wiper motor and this one dont park like the old one did!!!!

Is there a switch to change ?

Thanks

Nick

Guest docter fox

to pass do they have to go all the way down to the bottom of the screen? ie. out of drivers sight? or do i have to make a portable bonnet bulge to give me more room to play with? :lol: